Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Postcard from Mars

Dear Mum and Dad,


How are you? I’m doing really well on planet Mars. I’m missing you really bad. I wish you came with me to visit Mars.


I heard Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun. It is the second smallest planet in the solar system. It was named after the Roman God of War. Mars is also often described as the “Red Planet” due to its reddish appearance. Its surface is made of a thick layer of oxidized iron dust and rocks of the same colour. Mars has two moons Plobos and Deimos. Plobos (Fear) and Deimos (Panic) were named after the horses that pulled the chariot of the Greek war god Ares, the counterpart to the Roman war god Mars. Both were discovered in 1877. 


I’ve learnt that only spacecrafts have visited Mars. The distance from the Sun to Mars is 227.9 million kilometres. 


See you when I get back!


Love from,

Toakase

No comments:

Post a Comment