Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Camp Recount


Camp Recount



 I was jumping around crazy days before camp. I would none stop talking about it. I was running around finding what I was missing on my list and what I got so my Mum would buy them from the countdown.

 It was finally the day. In week 4, Term 4. My Mum woke me up and told me to get ready, put my suitcase and bags into the car so I could be early to school or else I won’t be able to go. Once I got to school Salote and Ana grabbed my bags and suitcase. I went into the hall and sat down for the role, the bus finally arrived and Miss Goodier told us to 

We went to Chosen Valley Christan camp and this was my last time having fun with my friends because they are leaving to college, I was really excited to go camping but my mum was the most exciting one. Once we got at Chosen Valley camp I realised nothing had changed from the last time I had come two years ago. We grabbed our stuff from the bus and went into the house for a little meeting about what activity group we are in including the boys and what cabins we are in, even tho they have our names on the doors. In my cabin room was Meron, Huia, Tausala, Athena, Galila, Anna, and me. It was noisy at night and uncomfortable so on the second night, I got to sleep on a regular bed with Salote in another room.

These are the teachers that had come and which activity they were leading in.
CTK teachers:
  • Mel (Uili fam mum) - Go Karting
  • Virginia & Caroline Victor - BMX, Team building, Volleyball
  • Miss Goodier - Archery
  • Miss Kopua - Kayaking 
  • Miss Paton - Balance Island 
ST Therese teachers:
  • Miss Mcdonalds/Principal of St Therese (I don’t know how to spell it) - Raft building
  •  Miss Dio (don’t know how to spell it) - Confidence course
  • That was all I could get




In my activity group was Tausala, Reyna, Meron, Huia, Ana, Lomi, Matthias, Kanan, Salote. The first activity we had was Balance Island but the funniest part is when Miss Paton fell into the mud, then we did Rope Maze after we finished the balance Island, Kayaking, confidence course, Rafting, Archery, Team building, and last was waterslide. I never went on the water slide because it seemed scary and I thought I would drown. On the first day in the evening, we went for a bushwalk and that’s where I met some of the girls from St Therese.

I remember on the second day in the morning Mrs Kopua allowed us to have time to get to know each other but we had to go in our year levels, we went around the tree in our school line and Miss Dio would have to say stop and we would ask the person in front of each other questions, they are really funny and cool to talk too. When we talked to each other we would laugh and tell each other questions. One girl asked me “what is your fav colour” I replied “blue” but she thought it was red because I was wearing fully red that day. 

OH MY GOSH! I forgot about the food well, the food was like something I’ve ever tasted before. I really enjoyed it the food there especially everyone else. We had Pasta, Nachos, Lasagna, dessert after lunch and dinner, and much more, oh and we had biscuits for morning tea. On the last day, we had some jobs to do as in pack our things and put them outside, Spray and wipe the mattress, Vacuum the rooms and the CTK boys and St Therese had to clean the toilet and showers in the outside because they mostly used it. I was so sad that it was my last time saying bye to my new friends from St Therese. 

I really appreciated that had come with us, they were very funny and my favourite ones were Ofa, Siana, T.T/Tiffin, Savannah, Leka, Cathy but she’s one of my friends from Taekwondo, Erick was the funniest one because he would roast us, we all laugh crazy, and jump around. 

And this was my coolest time ever with St Therese. I really miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment